Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hello Gentlemen!

So here is a little about myself and what I am trying to accomplish with How to Dungarees.


So I am probably the least qualified person to talk about denim construction. I have no sewing experience, or for that matter a sewing machine, no denim sourcing knowledge, and really no idea where to start. This blog will be about a completely clueless but passionate denim lovers quest to make a respectable pair of jeans by hand, from the ground up.

I have been told time and time again that as a kid would never wear jeans .I was a cubby little guy and would only wear the hilarious fat kid staple, sweatpants. My mom tells me it had something to do with heavy fabrics and tactile sensitivities.

I was born in the suburbs of Colorado and moved to Lexington Virginia when I was ten. Lexington is world unto its self. It has a population of about 7,000. Give or take a few thousand for the influx of collage students. The style there is a soul crushing county prep-ish atrocity. It is not rare to see cuffed pleated kakis or an entire suit made of unmatching plaid.

I made it out of the country when I was about 19. I move to D.C. where I started a retail career that continues to this day. I started at Urban Outfitters and quickly latched onto jeans and t-shirts. From there I worked a brief stint at the Levis store until I was hired at Denim Bar in Arlington.

No comments:

Post a Comment